Thursday, September 03, 2009

Taking One for the Team


Today was my first Not-So-Good day. 
I'm not sure where it started going bad--Honors went really well.
Lunch was a good experience. 
Maybe it was that Biology lab. We did an experiment (ugh, and I still have to finish the lab part) and it involved holding our breath underwater in a container. Not my favorite thing to do. 
The other thing I don't like so far is the pre class exams that I have taken in Biology and Chemistry. They are to assess what needs to be taught to us, but they make me feel stupid, unprepared, and like a failure.
After this, I went back to the dorm, exhausted and spent time with Deanna, Monica, and Alisha, and we went to the Den for supper and that was fun. I had Michelle take my picture for my running for Senator. 
Then our hall prepared for the Variety show, and we went over early. I had to see if I made Chamber Singers. I didn't. It was like a tiny devil,  of "You really aren't that good" started kicking my shins.  He continued kicking my shins all the way through the variety show, so much that I didn't really enjoy it, and our skit had a major broken part. 
I felt like a failure who couldn't act or sing and so I walked back to the dorm, grabbed some piano music, and went down to the lounge in my dorm and played piano and cried.  It's not like the entire world walks through the lounge, but one of the guys on the mens' soccer team was walking through, and asked if I was okay.
I'm learning to be honest. I said No.
He offered to give me a hug and said his name was Tripp (I think.) That was very kind of him.
I was still recovering when a guy stepped in and asked if I was going to continue to play piano.
He said he'd go get a shirt and be back and come listen.
So I played some of my stuff, and some of Chopin's stuff and some of Schumann's stuff. It was a good combo. We got to talking. It turns out Martin plays on the basketball team. And he said he wanted to come listen to me play whenever I did. 
He was very honest, which was appreciated.
"So, you're smart, an amazing musician, you want to be a doctor, but you always date jerks. What's the catch?"
I truly have no idea. Anyone want to do an analysis? 


No comments:

Post a Comment