Saturday, September 05, 2009

Because I know what I want


With college comes dean's list, work-study, all-nighters, and cafeteria food.
There's also beer, cigarettes, parties, boys, and cops. 
Don't forget that side.
I went to my first ever drinking party, my first weekend on campus. My girl Alisha was going with Marsha and Carina, and I decided to come and my dear roomie Andrea decided last minute as well.
We walked to a parking lot where we met some guys who showed us the way to the house the party was. It was pretty close to the campus. The people who lived in the house, for the most part, go to EMU.
There was jungle juice and and a keg of beer in the basement. We were offered whichever we wanted. I, being the person I am, asked if I could have water. And I did. I drank water the entire time I was there. It was fun playing Rummy with some of the guys and Alisha and Andrea, and also fun watching the game of beer pong. 
I saw some people I knew, and also some I didn't know.
There was one girl who was thin, and was easily drunk from what she had. She was just over friendly and smiling a lot. One of the guys that I met on the first day was there, and was having issues standing up, he was so drunk.
I got into an interesting discussion with two Chris's. The older Chris was trying to teach the younger Chris how to talk to girls. But the things that I heard from the older Chris's perspective were pretty accurate.
Boys are polite to girls even when they are drunk.
Except for the swearing. I always forget that when people are put in a completely different atmosphere than you first know them in, that they can be completely different. Thus, there was no problem for the girls that were with me to let it all out. 
With the guys drunk, it was just, "F--- this," and "F--- that!" 
But I am from Streetsboro, where people use that language sober. At least I think they're sober. 
Everyone freaked and ran out the back of the house around 11:45 because some cops stopped by. The girls bolted, and Andrea and I walked slowly away. Then we sat outside for five minutes or so. After that, we decided to walk back to campus. 
Finally, two of the guys from the party were back on campus, but still drunk and wanted to go back to the party, but wanted to be driven.
I volunteered to drive them. I drove the one guy's truck and then drove it back to campus. Even on the ride over, they were paranoid and goofy. Drunk.

I don't plan on drinking. I don't want to lose control of who I am around other people. It's important to me. I went to the party because it was a great social situation. Even though there was alcohol involved, I kept myself clear.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment