Monday, September 07, 2009

Lately I've Been Here


To hear your voice speaking to me, 
But I can't answer.
And the tears fill me.
I want to be there.
I want to look into your eyes.
But Lately I've been here
Instead of There.
Every time I think about you.
I think of those I have met because of you.
I think of the things I have tried because you wanted me to.
And all that I know because you told me.
So lately I'm been here.
I know I've changed
I think for the better
But that makes it so much harder. 
How am I supposed to be who I am
When I'm my best with you?
I can't stand just standing lately in here
I think I can. I know I can. 
I will wait.
And you, you know how agonizing it is.
The miles away are like scraps on my skin
Feeling the burn of the peroxide washing it
Wounds do heal, 
But I don't want it to be okay in my head for you to be away.
I'll wait every second in anxiety
pushing harder everyday
Going to bed exhausted
Hoping that the day I see you will come a little bit faster. 
That I can mentally survive these months.
Lately I have been here.
It's the burn of a slap to the face
When I think about the length of time away.
I don't want to give it up.
I won't give up you.
Unless I die before you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment