Tuesday, September 01, 2009

First Day of Classes.

I hate waking up after an inadequate night of sleep. But I did, and walked to the caf and put some milk in my water bottle and walked back to the dorm and made myself a smoothie.

Then at eight o'clock I had my first class. It was Ruling Ideas, the Honors Program required course. And somehow I felt like I was the most awake of all of them. But that may have been because they are introverts. I am not sure. We went around the room and introduced ourselves and finished the "If you really knew me..." My answer was that when I really laugh, I snort.

I went to the computer center afterward. Enjoyed the free printing and also typed my Transitions homework. Then I fixed Alisha's computer. (Meaning, I plugged it into the printer, and got the printer to work, and also got the papers to print.)

I was meaning to take a nap. Didn't happen. I played guitar instead. And Alisha, Deanna, and I got ourselves a pet fish for our floor. Then I went to lunch. Met more new people. Learned more new names. 

Went to Transitions. Still felt like the loudest person there. I answer every question, I feel like.
It was a good class. But I was antsy by the time it was over and went back to my dorm and got a Michelle to go walking with me. Then I took a shower.

Then I thought there was Chamber Singers, but it turned out that Auditions are first. So I signed up for an audition for tomorrow at 9:15. On my way back to the dorm, I saw people playing frisbee and decided to join them. They started an Ultimate game and I invited Alisha and whoever to come join me. My hair was still wet, but I played anyway. I was wearing jeans. 
It was a blast. I met more new people.

Then there was the BBQ. There were so many vegetarian options that I didn't have meat.
I talked to so many people. So many new people and it was great. I had a blast and laughed my face off.

Then we went to the mens soccer game. It was great fun. All the people I sat around and I talked and laughed and were goofy and no one wanted to come sit in the open space in the bleachers beside me. I even offered in Spanish. But Ben Bergey isn't a Spanish Major. And so he sat away from where we were. Then Mitch texted me on Deanna's phone and told me to heckle some of the other teams players. So I took number 21 that I liked his hair, that he should try cornrows next time, and that it looked better down. And also that I liked his yellow (which Evan informed me that they were gold) shoes.

I got a headache. And left early. They tied. Even after overtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment