Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Since when is Cleaning a Room Necessary?

When you can't find things that are on your desk. Which are visible.
Today was a fun day.
It started off well. I slept in until 8:35, making it just in time (NOT) for Honors, which started at 8:00. I prepared very much for this class--I read a lot of material, and I missed most of the lecture. But it was great because I picked up right where they were, because I was so prepared. Hallelujah for a memory that works.
Later, my teacher commended me for coming to class forty minutes late. She said most people wouldn't do that. Most people also wouldn't have thought they turned their alarm on when they didn't. She said I was an example. . .
I realized today at lunch that I'm more talked about than I realize. There were some girls who had heard about me, and my tongue piercing (apparently not everyone at EMU has on), and some probably have heard about my musical abilities, but hey, I'm not Phillip Martin, so I'm not actually a Music Major. But that's what I plan to do. Anyway. Rabbit Trail.
I spent a good part of my morning and afternoon playing piano. It made me really happy, and the Resident Director's husband told me that he liked to hear me practice. I love to practice. That's why I would be a BAD biology major. I'm not failing. I just think I will get a B in the class or so. We'll see. I may put forth the effort after all.
I made it through almost the entire day without science. At lunch, my lab partner and I decided to work on our Chemistry prelab. Unfortunately, we were mobbed by awesome people and were easily one of the most social/hysterical tables in the cafeteria at the time. ---I almost finished. But am still far from done. And I don't believe in copying. By the way, I actually like Chemistry more than Biology right now, which is pretty amazing, considering I though for sure that I was going to hate it with passion. ---One of the girls who did the presentation in the class sat at our table, and immediately recognized me as the extremely late one. But I was intrigued by her writings and enjoyed them immensely, so I could talk to her about it if I did desire, (unfortunately, Chemistry was on the mind). The table had some hilarious comments. Like how, for me, anions were easily remembered as negative ions because the word was basically onions.. and for some reason, onions have a negative association for me... must have been the rotten onion sorting at the Peacefuls...
Yesterday at Jazz Ensemble, I felt like I had started to be improving. The director asked me to sing the solo I was to improv on the piano. Totally out of my comfort zone. Turned BRIGHT red. But his point was to play it like I would sing it. So I put all the recordings of the arrangements on my Mac, and will soon put them onto my ipod. Anyway, he also told me that anytime I was inspired to write something for the Jazz Ensemble, that I should.
Well, today I wrote something. But it's not really my style. It's sexy. Jazz.. So I don't know if I like it, nor do I know if it's moral.. ha. It's really not that bad.
I accompanied my first lesson with Lauren. It went well. Thus, we both have some learning to do. And also, I cannot wait until Marie gets to that level of music.. Lauren's a beast.
Then I had my piano lesson. My Sinfonia is going well. Gets better every time I play. Lynne is having me work on little parts of each song because I don't have as much practice time. It's frustrating, but eventually I have to get somewhere with the pieces and will not do so by playing the whole piece over and over again.
Then this evening, I "reluctantly" went running. Meaning I wanted to, but I was unmotivated. I don't know. It's two very different parts of my mind. Ellie and I ran two and three quarters again. And then Alisha came up to me just as I came back and told me to come play field hockey with her, that she was scared. So I went. and played for the first time ever. I think I beasted it.. our team won. But it's really up to the audience to tell. It felt great. I'm going to be so sore tomorrow.
Then (oh yes, there's more) I went to Lehman to see Vineyard55 play. They are the band that I am going to cover for when I perform in Common Grounds. Although I'm not sure that they know that. It was interesting. Not perfect, but still well thought out. And worked on. And original. Rapping with guitar, bass, and piano--not something you see everyday. It was pretty cool, although I'm more of a melody type of person, and could probably nitpick the flat notes out. But I'm not, because I prefer to listen and learn.
Now, after a nice shower, a brief ice fight and a couple quarts of Raspberry Koolaid. I'm out. Still didn't finish Chemistry. Sleep is more important.

Love you Mom and Dad.

2 comments:

  1. You're a prima donna. They weren't rotten, they were home grown, thus they still had dirt on them. Sheesh.

    Glad you're writing. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No. I mean later on. the ones that I braided were fine. It was the few weeks later before the graduation party that there were rotten ones.

    ReplyDelete