Monday, August 31, 2009

First Day eve.

Stayed up late. Watched EVER AFTER. burned the popcorn. only a little. Ate mini animal crackers off the floor until Kayla insisted that I put them on the plate or I wold get the H1N1 virus. lol. I woke up at 7:00 and mourned the idea of having a meeting at eight in the morning.

Went to the meeting. After being the last people in the dining hall. And spilling my milk on the floor and having to carry my grapes in my Nalgene out of the cafeteria to the meeting.

Then we went to another meeting, about safety and I texted Alisha the entire time and we made jokes and decided to get a pet fish.
After all the intense meetings and my impatience rising, and my lack of sleep wacking me in the face every minute or so, we got a break time, and I jumped at the oppurtunity to go play the piano and record a new song (on my phone).
I'm excited for the music department. I peeked in some rooms and I believe they do have some recording equipment that I should be using. :)
We had some hall bonding and it was amazing. We made cards for our "mail partners"
Mine's name is Allison. She's in the Honors program. There are three girls in our hall in the honors program. And three that are biology majors. So I'm all set to do really well and study a lot.
It's hard to be away someone I want to see and hug and kiss everyday. It's even harder when we can't understand or I can't be sensitive when there's something serious said and I cannot be. I try to be a funny person by nature, so being serious when I'm uncomfortable is difficult.
But I am realizing that life is full of uncomfortable feelings. And I am accepting it now and loving the idea. Even though it's uncomfortable. I feel love is more important than being completely comfortable. So I'm going to try to find a balance in that.

No comments:

Post a Comment