Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Snow Week?

Though I wasn't in DC when it happened, someone dumped a butt load of snow onto the entire town. Roads are one lane, sidewalks vanish, and igloos emerge in yards.
But that also means that though there is no school, there is nothing to do.
Some people are preparing for Valentine's day.
I could do that.
I'd have to go find a box that would hold what I want to send to Africa.
But it seems I'm going to be a party pooper for this holiday this year.
I guess I'm okay with that.
I could go swimming.
My parents sent me my suit and the rec center is open and no one is there.
But I"m currently exhausted and just need to go to bed, although I feel like I'm going to be having to help Corrie make dinner in a moment or two.
There's volleyball tonight, hypothetically, but when Lindsay called them, the Rec enter was closed.
Then the snow starts falling again. Meaning 7- 14 more inches of snow ice cream to be made.
With vigor.
And nothing to do. Nothing to do. Nothing to do.
I could knit.
but I left a ball of brown yarn in Leah's room I think.
I could finish my internship poster, because I guess there are guidelines that need to be followed.
I've never been one to fit inside of a box.
Why am I here?
There's art supplies down here.
Maybe I just need to paint the inside of this freaking uncomfortable box to make it liveable.
Beware. I may do something drastic.
I think there needs to be a collage.
I wrote a song on Monday. You can watch/listen to it here .
And the snow continues to flake down. A casual friend of mine called it God's dandruff. God has a LOT of dandruff right now. Someone should get him some Selsum blue. LIKE BLUE SKY!

But I like the snow. I want to make an igloo in our back yard.
I just don't like that DC can't handle it and can't function to let me go to my internship!!!
Corrie and I made ravioli. It wasn't hard. Except one dough was too elastic and wouldn't lay thin. The other dough was great--but it stuck to the counter and these ended up looking like wonton balls.
Jess, oh Jess, couldn't stay out of the kitchen when we were cooking. There was no filling for her to try (I finished it off), so she started eating the raw ravioli dough.
We got out some of the pressure cans with pizza dough in them (who invented those anyway?). Somehow, one got too hot or something and randomly exploded, the lid hit Corrie, and some of the dough shot out. I cracked up, and then checked to see if Corrie was ok. We shoved the dough back into the can, but it was still overflowing. Jess tried some of that dough as well, and I told her (playfully) to get out of the kitchen. After supper, we made pizza.
Jess and I are loving the violin/piano/singing.
We played Loaded Questions as a group tonight. It was completely hilarious.
Highlights:
"If you were to look into the freezer, what would you be happy to find?"
--A small version of my best friend that could be thawed out and played with
"Who would be useless in a round table discussion of politics?
--Nancy Pelosi and Doug Hertzler
--The Ninja Turtles and Doug (from Nickelodeon)
"Who do you want to give a really big hug?"
--Osama Bin Laden (so he would like us more)

Jess really knows how to play this game.

Jess and I also made granola again--the yesterday's run to Cosco brought mucho rolled oats into the house, and we made an entire recipe.
I love honey. So yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment