Tuesday, February 16, 2010

PudDum PudDum. Banananah. Yum!


Yay for schools being open! Pleh for some schools having two hour delays.
So I decided to ride the bus to Tenleytown. There wasn't much trouble for Jess and I when we went to church (besides the random flat tire) so I didn't think much of it.
The ride normally takes forty-five minutes. It took an hour and a half, and the bus was just sitting in traffic  most of the time. That was frustrating for most of the people on the bus. Many got off early and got on the metro. I had to stay on--my ending destination was the bus' ending destination. That wasn't a problem. If I'd known it was going to be chaotic I would have gone on the Metro. My problem was the Nalgene full of chai tea that I had drank before I left. I really had to go when we finally arrived. I ran across the street to the Sears Showroom which I'd located the bathroom in earlier in the month.
Then I got to class. At 10:45. I was an hour later than I wanted to be. It was fine though. There was a movie being finished when I arrived, and then more discussion on the death penalty ensued.
There's this one kid who contradicts himself, and uses big words like he knows what he's talking about. I told him, "Ellington, you are all over the place." He said, "No I'm not. I'm making an analogy." Which he wasn't. He was all over the place.
I rode the Metro home. I got a headache for the ride home, because I needed to drink more water. I made a stir-fry for lunch with the leftover filling from the vegetarian bierrocks, and added a bunch of spinach, half an onion, a clove of garlic, and various other spices. I was attempting to cut my thumb off when I actually cut the onions instead. Silly onions. And stupid dull knife! I'm going to have an ugly thumb for a little while. But what I wanted was no thumb! Duh! (if none of you understand my sarcasm, I need to personally deliver you a package of it sometime, so that you can understand me.)
Pluto is red. I read it in the Washington Post. So I thought that you all should know.
Music or Travel?
Some people I know spend their money on tickets to concerts and seeing amazing artists live. Some of my friends are the musicians and people pay to see them. Sometimes I fantasize with the idea that I could be a musician like that. The last concert that I went to was Kutless at Convention. But that doesn't count for me--it was with a Christian event. All of the concerts I had been to up to the point of DC had been Christian concerts, until I went to an India Arie concert.
Other people I know spend their money on travel, seeing places, cultures, and people and learning about them and what they do. Some of my friends are the people in the other countries that those who are tourists go to. Some go for vacations. Some go to see family and friends. Some don't know what they are doing until they get there.
The truth is, I don't know what route I want to take. I'd rather travel, as long as there was a piano waiting for me at the end of the terminal. I'd love to do both. Can it be made into a lifestyle? Or do people have to come back to the normality of the world at some point, and get a desk job, or be a secretary?
My sister and I wrote a song to "Heart and Soul" when we were a lot younger. It's pretty much just a list of occupations that you could have in your life.
"Do you want
To be a zookeeper?
Or a sexy (lol) secretary?
Or a lion, or a king,
or a zookeeper
Or a Barber?!"
Really silly. And were were obsessed with animals at the time and thought about pursuing careers in Zoology. That was back in the dizzle.
The point I'm making is that maybe jobs are lifestyles. And I'm not one to dance on the line of boredom when I'm thinking about my future. I just can't see myself sitting at a desk. I'm a work-at-the-couch type of person, or work-on-the-bed. I am more productive when I surround myself with the things I'm working on, and have a comfy spot for my bum.
My job, whatever job I find, is going to be something outside of the normal job loop. Maybe I'll work a job where I don't get paid. If it's something I love, I'll gladly dumpster dive food, and try to figure out other ways to get money.
I made roasted veggies. I was supposed to make them yesterday, but thank goodness (I was exhausted yesterday) the grocery people weren't back in time for me to make it for supper. So we have a huge container full of it for me to snack on!
I located the movie that we were supposed to watch for class. And then I watched it. And wrote my journals. But I still have to write my proposals. Meh. I forget what Doug said about them also.

No comments:

Post a Comment