Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Quotes oF the Day

I worked in the elementary school on Tuesday. To my surprise, and I'm sure his as well, there was a substitute and we had quite a day with Mr. Abduallah's students, because they are so used to a routine that anything beyond what Mr. Abduallah does with them makes them go crazy.
So we had a day.
And I learned that I am not the type of person that gets mad at kids for talking in class. I got so sick of being one of the quiet ones punished with the rest by teachers and subs alike for being "bad" and talking.
There's nothing wrong with talking in class, just as long as you respect me when I'm in the front of the room, and you get your work done. Granted, not all kids can get their work done while talking, and I was sitting with one of such kids. Judging by the assignments I've graded, and his behavior in class, I think that Kamari has a little dislexia and perhaps some ADHD, although I think that he could have had an interest in me, because I was sitting there next to him working through his packet with him.
Earlier in the day, he said "When I die, I'm going to be cremated." He just came up to me.

But my favorite conversation was with Dayana. I was sitting next to her, showing her how to cut out hearts from a folded piece of paper, and she turned, looked at me and asked me the question that was obviously burning in her mind.
"When you have a baby, are you going to bring 'em here?"
I told her I had no ring, I had no baby.
"But when you get married, and have a baby, are you going to bring her to your aunt's house, or are you going to bring her here?"
"I'm probably going to stay at home with her, or my husband will stay home with her."

Then she did the cutest thing. The heart's she cut out of the paper she made me a valentine like thing. but instead of writing something like happy valentine's day or something, she drew two people, a man and a woman, and wrote, "will you marry me?" and underneath the people she wrote "you said yes."
Then she drew a baby in between the people.
And wrote names next to the people. "Mrs. Grece" and (I did tell her, though she did spell it wrong) "Zack" (originally spelled "Zake")
So that was my day highlights.
I chilled at home, recovering from being sick, rather than going to volleyball.

No comments:

Post a Comment