Thursday, March 11, 2010

Babel

We watched Babel last night.
Besides the excessive amount of nakedness in the Asian department, and the guns, and the lack of equality,  it was a good sad movie.
This past week has flown by. With big strong wings the chickens in the movies that Colman shows in class will never have, and strength that I lose within the first few hours of the day when I'm working with some of the kids at Garrison.
It's Spring Break for EMU, and so most of the house is gone.
I'm here, with Lindsay, Corrie, and two guys that Fetsum let stay in his room. Ben, and David (?).
So a lot of hanging out.
A lot of working, and not wanting to go to work.
A lot of movies, and not very much blogging.
Things I need to write about, or you need to ask me about.
Last Saturday, I helped serve a meal to the homeless with Emily and a group of middle school students from New Jersey.
On Sunday, I went to the Martin's house for lunch, and then went to the massivest thrift store in the world.
On Monday, I got the day off.
On Tuesday, I worked with Mr. Abdullah again, and played volleyball with some new people. Corrie and I  went grocery shopping.
On Wednesday, I made granola in the kitchen with two other people cooking two different things.
Today, I have to go to work in twelve minutes, and I am still in my glasses, pajamas, devos not done, the sink is leaking, and I still need to pack my lunch.
And I want a backrub, and a foot rub, and my very own break.

There's my babel for you.

1 comment:

  1. Love you.

    And I'm very sad that most of the house is gone. I hope the parts that hold your room and your roof are still there.

    I'd give you a footrub if you had your very own break.

    What kind of granola did you make? Was it my very wonderful recipe from my very wonderful food blog? Hmm?

    ReplyDelete