Saturday, January 30, 2010

Something Hurts

Something hurts,
But in the midst of everything,
I can't find the source.
The humor, the outgoing light.
It surrounds me, yet I can't dance to the same beat.
Am I selfish to want to love without boundaries and rules?
I want to fish out of the pond with you,
to search for grub,
To bait your hook,
I want to "accidently" push you in..
But then a sting, once more, another,
The bees stop our bit of fun,
But then, what's the point of fishing when there's no fish in the pond?
I did it to be with you.
I pushed so you would pull me in too.
I danced so you would laugh and sing too loudly.
This is the meaning for the reason.
The reason that is stronger than the heart that I hold--
Someone tried to find the tangible accompaniment.
But they found themselves lost in the pleasure of it all.

I am here to remind them.
That LOVE is more than that.
Tried and true, I've frolicked through that field.
But you know it's true, This IS the reason.
I amount to this--
When the echoes of your voice decays
And I still let my body sway
To the memory of your voice
And your words, to me,
Only to me,
Then the silence corrupts my eyes
It falls out
I can't erase the words, either way.
And I don't want to, either way.
Agony.
Bliss.
Only way to mix is this--
"I love you"
"Bye"

No comments:

Post a Comment