Thursday, August 20, 2009

Five Days Until Blast Off


So I am sitting at home, thanking God that the family computer is functioning. My parents didn't deem my Mac worthy of getting a wireless router before I went to college. Imagine! I have to add CDs of music to iTunes and then individually find the titles and artists to each of them in a network that actually works. And the interent only works half the time and there are SO many issues on this computer. It's not pretty.
I have been at home for only a little more than a week and somehow I have managed to make a huge mess of all the things that I own. My clothes are in disarray on my floor. They are in the closet as well, but mostly on the floor. I have books and various papers and journals splayed every which way, and the fact of the matter is that all of my stuff is crammed and I cannot for sure find anything.
I lost and found my cell phone today.
I found the Jason Mraz CD that I was worried was lost in our family's move at the beginning og the summer.
I have not recovered matching socks yet.
I'm ordering books as I write, which isn't good. School starts in two weeks. What if they don't get there in time?? Agh. Not scared. Not worried.
Speaking of things to worry about I just overcame the first most dreadful fear of my life with a simple minus sign. Now the dread is to tell my mom and dad and I haven't worked up the courage, nor have I had the actual option because they were both gone all day so far.
And I'm relieved and encouraged, as the future is more set in stone, but the spontaniety would have added something more interesting to my life so far. And my boyfriend's, although we wouldn't have been able to do many of the great things that we were planning to do.
There's still possiblity. But I don't think that I have anything to worry about. But that is not stopping me from praying.
God has taught me so much this far about using me even as a failure. I can use my experience to make better decisions about life. What to wait for and what not to wait for. And even though I have little patience and self control, God will still use me. I can be a great leader in other ways.
So heading to school soon has no effect on me. Just mental strain. Just lack of rest. Just lack of money. But in me, for myself, I will be great. And do great things.

No comments:

Post a Comment