Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Tomorrow!

Tomorrow I'm a college student.
Fully independent. (Well, not quite, but I'm getting There)
Tomorrow my sister and I drive the nine hour trek to Harrisonburg VA.
I start classes in just a week.
My life will never be the same.
I'm on the adrenaline of motivation to do this!
I just have to spend time and money and I love it, and it's completely fine.
I'm finally expanding my horizons in the way I want to!
I'm going to be what I want to be.
I'm going to take the classes I want to take.
I'm going to express myself in music and in words and in art and I'm going to find a way to make it all work.
I'm going to teach and learn and write and sing and play until I have graduated.
I'm devoting this time to relationships and academics
Laughter and tears.
Anger and Joy.
Here I come.
God I ask for your guidance as I leave this house tomorrow, never to come back the exact same.
It's your plan for me to step out of this comfort zone.
It's your plan for me to become this person ahead.
It's you plan for me to find my passion.
Maybe it's beyond music and art. Maybe it's not.
But whatever happens I'm still me, I still know God.
Even if I don't know what I want.
Here's to life ahead and the joys within it.

No comments:

Post a Comment