Tuesday, July 08, 2014

Transitioning

Naisa is home from her visit with Memaw and Pops and Ben's parents are now visiting. But I've already begin to have some hours where it's just been me and both babies and I'm preparing myself with what can work.

Yesterday, Ben went to work in the morning and I had to hang out with Naisa and Yonah by myself for a couple hours. I was lucky the baby was already fed when Naisa went and got her shoes and my shoes and wanted to go out. We walked to Food Lion, went in, came out, and then walked from the DQ to Francesscos at least twenty times. Then she would say,"again" and we would walk it again. I was feeling a little ill towards the end (just had to poop. Haha), and I was thankful that Naisa decided she wanted to go home at that point. Then she decided she wanted to take a bath. I put sleeping Yonah (from being in the snuggly baby carrier with mommy) in his bed and set up the tub. After about ten minutes, Yonah woke up again and I went and got him, and was wondering how the heck I was going to nurse him in the bathroom with Naisa in the tub, and then Naisa decided she was done with her bath (ahh a child in tune with me!) and we went to the living room. It was after eleven, so I  told Naisa it was time for quiet time in her room and out her in there for a nap. Soon Titi came back from her coffee with a friend and I had a slight break from chaos, as she gave Yonah a bottle while I pumped (that's how this thing has been going). Then Ben's parents called saying they were an hour out and Ben came home from work. 

It was a busy morning, and I suspect I will have many more busy mornings. I am hoping that I can manage and not be stressed out about things like my milk supply and that Yonah will naturally start doing better with removing milk from my breast. I don't want to have to get his tongue and lip tie clipped if I can avoid it because it's just a big hassle financially, time wise, and emotionally. I really hope he can just figure out nursing as his mouth gets bigger. 

And.... These are the things I'm thinking about while pumping at three o'clock in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment