Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Breastfeeding update

So Yonah is 3.5 weeks old now. I  still pumping most of the milk he receives, and he still gets most of it through the bottle. But for some reason I felt like it was going better yesterday. He still can't get an entire feeding from just the breast. When I use the supplemental nursing system, he still falls asleep, like when we nurse normally. I did have more success with the SNS yesterday. I had him on the breast longer yesterday and he is getting some milk out, so I think this is why I feel better about it. Also, we were at Kohls to get me some shoes, he was hungry and I  had left the diaper bag in the car so I decided to try to nurse him in the dressing room. He did fine, doing what he normally does- popping off after five minutes and being "content" for ten to twenty minutes before crying for more. I hope months from now I won't have to think about bottles unless we are going on a date, but I read this breast feeding meme on Facebook that said every breast feeding relationship is different. Don't assume that because yours isn't 'perfect' that it's bad. It had a picture of a mom pumping on one side, with her baby nursing with a supplemental nursing system in the other side. Just a reminder that 'normal' breastfeeding is just a myth.

That's what I thinking about

No comments:

Post a Comment