Tuesday, July 08, 2014

Growing, growing!

I'm blogging in the middle of the night again! It's my only free time, which comes withe the price of mommyhood. I am pumping! My favorite task.

Yonah had his two week appointment yesterday. He now weighs 9lb 3oz, up over a pound from birthweight. This is the same weight Naisa was when she was born. And today (if I was still pregnant) I would be the same amount of time Naisa was in the womb. At her two week appointment, however, she was under birth weight (8lb 8oz). That was the day we had to start pumping and using formula because my nipples looked like death. 

Yonah's latch is getting better. He doesn't compress my nipples against the roof of his mouth anymore. Sometimes I am still sore, and he often loses the latch when he gets tired, especially if there's lots on milk in there. He also is very gassy and needs lots of burping and also
still falls asleep at the breast quickly. So we are still a ways away from me not pumping at all.

Tomorrow isn't first whole day with the babies by myself. I was hoping ( I always hope) to get better sleep. But this will just have to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment