Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Echoes in my brain.

It's so easy to dive in, leave everything behind.
But then look back and see all that I was missing.
Decisions.
I guess we know if they are right or wrong depending on how they pan out.
Mistakes.
I know I will make them along the way.
And I hate being on the someone's bad side.
But yay! That's life.
Accountability is a little uncomfortable.
But the depth and strength in relationships that come from it are so inviting.
Listen. Openly. Really.
And don't just think the world is against you. It may be trying to teach you something.
But I can hear it in a slight tone, and I can tell from the gestures you let escape your body what you really mean.
I don't want to offend, or belittle, or exclude, or condemn.
But I'm human.
Weak. Naive. Breakable. A Conquistadora.
I want to be honest, blunt, truthful.
I am imperfect. Selfish. A thief, when I take away what I once gave without inhibition.
This continuum is so complicated.

Teach me your Ways, O God,
And lead me in the way everlasting.

1 comment:

  1. grace, no matter what i love you. and i really do want to see you happy. happy living out god's love for the world.

    ReplyDelete