Friday, December 31, 2010

and it's me


Caught up in my own mind
Overthinking, desiring perfection
But what is this perfection?
Doesn’t my mind change one million times?

I am my own person
I create Grace on every page
I’m crazy for independence
Outside the box
Spontaneous

There is beauty in plenty
Look left and right up and down
I see it here
Why would I need more than I have-
Is it insufficient?
Is there echoing space of empty?

Swirling lines of patterns drawn
Vibrating notes held out almost too long
Can you breathe now?
Warming toes with homemade socks
Braids in hairs undone, rebraided lots
I am chaos—I am a storming brain

Catch up, catch up, see I’m picking the pace here
I would fly if I’d been given wings
Tumble turning, belt the reason why
I wanna live until I die!!
Slipping falling dancing stalling
Laughing, holding secrets in
This is where it begins.

I’ll tease until I laugh and cry at the same time
Elbow just to prove a point
Scream if I’m surprised,
Tickled pink.
Real laughter comes with a little snort
Accept me,
Expect me to resort
To doing things the hard way
Or being the weird one

I don’t mind playing in snow barefoot
Feeling the cold brings the chill to reality.
It needs to hit home for me.

I mix melody and harmony for fun.
Why should I have to choose only one?
I am variety.
I melt molds of conformity.

Tiptoe into the garden
Eavesdrop on that Everlasting Voice
Bold be Strong, throw your note in
Sing loud, say what you mean

I have peace
I breathe a breath of relief
Stability



No comments:

Post a Comment