Friday, June 25, 2010

Weekly Update #7

It's really intense that somehow I've been here more than a month, and almost a month and a half! Though there were definitely days this week where I felt like there was unrest and frustration in my soul, I'm starting to feel like things are working out, that this summer program is going to be (to be a success, we will have to find out), but it's going to happen!

We've held volunteer trainings all week, and though it felt a littlr rocky as it began, as time went on, more people came, more people were interested in doing different things, and it's going to work out! Christa and I somehow finished manuals for the volunteer training! (it seemed impossible).

Besides the evening volunteer trainings, most of the Leadership Team attempted to go to the church to pray in the early mornings--i.e. 6:30am--every day. I went to almost all of them--this morning was a sleep-in day for me.

P.S. 22 also had it's last week of school, minus the half day which is on Monday. There was a fifth grade graduation today, which Daniel and I attended, in support of some of the fifth graders in the after school program, and also that I have seen at the lunch table when I have volunteered there.

For most of the kids at P.S. 22, the last day that they got to see me at the lunch time was yesterday, and some today, because of their graduation, because it is the end of school, and I'm not going to be in the lunchroom anymore, or outside the school handing out flyers. If they are going to the summer program, they will see me all summer long, and some of them are. But it seems like the ones that I got to know the most aren't coming--they have other plans for the summer, and that's fine, but I will miss them. I'll miss Allison, who is completely adorable and a dork!

Next week, I will be at Camp Deerpark, training with Christa and Daniel for the Camp half of the summer program. We are hoping to bring a couple volunteers with us, but it isn't really defined until we actually leave. We come back from training on July 2nd, and then the program starts on the 6th!

Prayer Requests and Praises:
--Things are working out!
--That everyone who feels called to volunteer would be proactive about it and come!
--For the next week's training, prayer that there won't be any injuries and that we can bond as a leadership team.

No comments:

Post a Comment