Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Thoughts over the past week

God has been stirring my heart recently. More like the speed that you need to make egg whites form stiff peaks, though. So as you imagine that, take this in as well.

Why do you call me "Lord, Lord," and do not do what I do? I tell you the truth, the man who listens to what I say and puts it into practice is like a wise man who built his house upon the rock. When the flood came, torrents beat against the house, but because the foundation was on the rock, it was NOT moved. But listening to what I say and not putting it into practice is like the man who built his house upon the sand. The flood came, and when the torrent hit the house, it was completely destroyed. Luke 6:46-49ish

(That would be the Grace translation, because it's been meditated in my mind for a little while)

For the past week or so, I have been attempting to find a theme for the Summer Program--either for the staff, or so the kids, and it seems that it only made it's way into my heart.

I was thinking we should do daily themes on the fruits of the spirit, but then I realized that we should be doing that ANYWAY, and it frustrated me. I read this verse, and was floored, because all the things that God wants us to do, like conflict resolution and teachings, should be led out in our everyday lives--Loving your enemies, not judging others, constantly being accountable to each other for the planks in our own eyes/lives.

So when I brought up the idea--or my process, and exclaimed my own feelings about the passage, Mark suggested the Beautitudes.

Blessed are the poor in spirit,
theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are those who mourn,
for they will be comforted,
Blessed are the meek,
for they will inherit the earth.
Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
for they will be filled.
Blessed are the pure in heart,
for they will see God
Blessed are the peacemakers,
for they will be called Sons of God
Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

What do the verses with the word "righteousness" mean to you?
Last Friday, we had our Young Adult meeting, and we talked about Romans 3. Weslea was talking about that word, along with the word "justified" and how Christ justified us, so that we can be with Christ in the end.
When you hunger and thirst for righteousness, is that sitting sitll in your belif? No, it's not. It's being proactive and letting Jesus lead your actions. When you are persecuted for righteousness, is it because you are a passive Christian? No! It's because there is NO DOUBT that you are proclaiming for Jesus' love, death, and then life!

No comments:

Post a Comment