Wednesday, December 09, 2015

Liver cleanse: day 5 flush day

Day 5: Today is flush day! It's different because I don't have shorter times between meals, which is hard. It is also hard because my day started extra early! Ben's day begins an hour earlier so we got up at 5am. I was able to enjoy several hours of quiet time this morning, because they slept in until 8:30.
Here are some foodtos (see how I did that?) for visual effect!

breakfast: watermelon 

Foods I used in this cleanse (minus the dried apples in the back: watermelons, avocados, walnuts, olive oil

A sample lunch: 1 lb cauliflower, 4c kale, 3 garlic cloves, and one avocado (not pictured)


Cooked and mashed.

My flush day juice, pre juice!

Juice! Love the ginger! See my liver cleanse schedule on the fridge!

Juice enjoys the outdoors from afar.
So I have felt more hungry today because of the breaks between eating, but it's not the end of the world. Next is epsom salts at 6pm, for 'dinner'. (hahaha) then my late evening snack is olive oil and OJ. yum
I felt pretty weak in the morning, and frustrated when I was at the grocery store (though that is more from the grocery cart (do they EVER fix those???) or the toddler pressing hard against me saying "out" of the carrier.

I had two avocados with lemon for lunch, and then at three I made the juice seen in the picture. It kept me feeling full for three hours. . . and is the only thing I had until I did the oil chug.

I chugged the Epsom salt in water at 5:30. The technique for drinking things that are yucky is to do a deep inhale, then exhale and don't breathe while drinking. This is because you don't taste it as much when you aren't breathing. I only tasted the bitterness afterward. I took a video of that, but it is uneventful. 

The came 8pm. I was starting to over think it, so I just had to do it. The oil was slightly thicker than I anticipated, but I took a gulp of it then a big gulp of orange juice and I was back at neutral (not grossed out ready to vomit). I finished it, then lay on my side, and knew it was doing something in my liver because I could feel some discomfort.

Then I went to bed. I couldn't sleep because I was so nauseous (vomiting is, by the way,  a valid way to remove toxins). So I i threw up around ten, and then I slept much better. When I woke up before six and still felt generally unwell. So I had a cup of orange juice and took the last Oxy powder for the cleanse. I feel almost better, but the idea of olive oil makes me want to vomit.

today is literal flush day. Flush the toilet day! I will be removing toxins all day today and probably some tomorrow! Looking forward to it. 

See liver cleanse day 1-2 here!
See liver cleanse day 3-4 here!

No comments:

Post a Comment