Tuesday, December 08, 2015

Liver cleanse day 3 & 4

This liver cleanse is five days long, and today I begin the fifth day. Today is the day when I get to chug the olive oil, which I am (obviously) looking forward to like a trip to the zoo! (not)

Here's how Sunday (day #3) and Monday (day #4) went!

Sunday

Sunday morning began early: the oxypowder was working! At 4am, 6:45am, then 8am I was at the elimination station. As can be expected, I felt a good bit weaker today, and hungrier at other times.

I made do with the veggies allowed and made a tasty and filling mashed garlic, cauliflower, and kale "mashed potato", with an avocado. If I felt like perfection (and extra dishes to wash) I would have put it in the food processor until the kale was thoroughly incorporated. So naturally I used the hand masher and chewed my own kale. It was very, very filling! I couldn't finish it, and I typically I have a ravenous appetite. But as the cleanse has gone on, I have less and less of an appetite (could it be my food choices?? Perhaps!)

I did not feel too bad other than the weakness in the morning, but I did have a slight headache after my dinner juice. (My friend Shelah gave us a juicer to use, and I love having it around!) I used two beets with their greens, two carrots, at least six kale leaves (also from Shelah's garden!), and a lemon which I peeled, and also had an avocado (which I couldn't finish). It made 16 oz of juice. I was not hungry later that evening, but thirsty!

That evening, I had a mild headache for a small amount of time. I did not workout on this day. Not important info, but my caloric intake for this day was right around 1500 calories. This is very low for me (not too low, just lower).

I SO wanted to eat the dinner I made for the family, and the leftovers in the fridge!, but I didn't need them.

Monday
I felt incredulous that I have made it through to day #4. The first time I looked at the detox (I was still nursing Yonah at the time, and thus, eating very much, very often, I was having a hard time imagining myself making it through a cleanse with no meat and no grains. However, I learned this great phrase from a support group for T-tapp (the workout I do). It is to say to yourself, "Thank you for your opinion," after you have feelings of, "I don't wanna workout," or "It's too hard, I don't wanna do this cleanse." This has made a difference in my exercise and my food habits!

I had the early morning run to the pot and then three more throughout the day for a total of four total for day #4. I had incredible amounts of thirst today, so I was drinking the most of the ACV water today.

I had watermelon for breakfast, almonds for a snack, and did the mashed cauliflower again for lunch, and couldn't finish it again. I had a snack of walnuts, then for dinner I had an avocado and two cups of the mixed veggies my family had at dinner. It's not on the recommended veggie list (except carrots), but I have been so good, it was okay for me to have this little wiggle as I toe the line. I made my family freaking steak (from our grass fed quarter), so I deserve my mixed veggies....(what a rationalization.... ugh. I AM ALMOST DONE!)

(and just for reference, the diet plan on the instructions, although very specific about the veggies and foods you are supposed to eat, has a big gaping grey area between the rules of things you most definitely should not eat. So, for example, they say don't have cow's milk, but almond or hemp milk is ok during the cleanse, but no where in the daily plan of food does it give any room anywhere for hemp milk to be included. Ok, rabbit trail over.)

After dinner, besides getting over myself emotionally (wanting steak, wanting cheese, wanting beans and rice, wanting cow's milk, wanting chocolate, wanting ice cream... etc etc etc until the end of the food chain!), I started feeling a little more un well, slightly more nauseous than the night before, slightly more icky in the belly. I welcomed the bed time before nine.

In general, I have felt a little like I'm in a haze, more specifically, when I am doing something where I have to invest significant amounts of concentration (practicing a piano piece), and switching back and forth between the focusing on that and then (obviously) breaking up fights between my children and managing a couple situations at once.

Coming soon! How Tuesday's oil chugging goes! 

See how day 1 & 2 went right here.
See how day 5 (FLUSH DAY) went right here.

No comments:

Post a Comment