Thursday, December 10, 2015

Liver cleanse: Aftermath and how I feel

Yesterday (Wednesday) was the Flush (the toilet) day! Here's my thoughts!

Gallstones and Liver stones
At noon I felt the surges and right after mom's group, I had my first poo and I was surprised at the size of the stones! They were large! almost an inch in diameter, some of them. And then smaller. And so many! Between the several times I went to the bathroom I would say that I passed a hundred of them, many, many small stones, but also the larger ones. I don't think I would have been able to pass those without doing this cleanse, in which I used Livertrex to soften and start to dissolve the stones.

I am very thankful that I had this cleanse, because without it, I may have had to have my gallbladder removed.

Weight Loss:
Today I weighed myself and was down three pounds, putting me now at 190.8. This was a goal of mine, do be under 191 because we can get a discount on our health care sharing per month.

Energy:
I do feel I have more energy! Last night when I went to bed at 9 (and I got up before 6 that morning) I wasn't exhausted.

Adjusting back to the non-cleanse diet:
I'm going to be completely honest. I jumped right in to eating the things that I missed the most when i wasn't cleansing.
(Raw, grass-fed) Cow's milk? √
(homemade whole wheat) Bread? √
Cheese? √
(grass-fed) Steak? √

Don't worry! I also had veggies! and ate lighter at dinner.

Things I learned:
During the cleanse there were several times when I was hungry and I just didn't have the option to eat, or it was bed time and I couldn't eat more. So I just dealt with being hungry.
This was good for me. It is important to be able to be hungry sometimes and just exist with it.
It is now easier for me to be hungry and not feel urgency that I need to eat.

I also learned that five meals a day works pretty well for me. I don't feel as hungry and the smaller meals are manageable. And I think my stomach shrunk getting used to eating five meals.

Drinking the olive oil wasn't the hard part: keeping the olive oil down was.

It was very important to have the high-fat filling foods readily available for almost every meal (not breakfast). I had nuts mid-morning, an avocado with lunch, nuts mid afternoon, and another avocado with dinner. I would have had a lot more trouble if I couldn't have the fat.

Conclusion:
I feel better. I liked the cleanse overall, though there were occasional unpleasant things. The Roxy-powder was very effective, and I never felt dehydrated from it. The livertrex's taste was mild and tolerable and the acv and water tonic was very mild. The Epsom salts in water was very bitter, but it was only 8oz, so also tolerable. The olive oil was icky, but when drunk with orange juice as a chaser, it was just fine. This cleanse did not have any negative side-effects for me. My body feels better! Remember, I'm only 24 and I had lots of stones. Depending on your lifestyle, you may or may not have stones as well.

I highly recommend this cleanse for anyone thinking about it.

Would you do a liver cleanse? Do you think you could do it?

See my liver cleanse day 1-2 here.
See day 3-4 here.
See day 5 (flush day) here.

No comments:

Post a Comment