Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Oh The social worker in me is mixing with the mommy in me

I get updates about the Planned Parenthood videos that keep surfacing. It's a conservative voice, and I don't mind that. I watched the first few, but they started getting too gory, too close to home (being a mommy), and knowing that they were real real, it was too much for me, so I have applied censorship for sanity and refuse to watch anymore.

This update also held two video clips for women speaking to congress about abortion. They were survivors of abortion. These stories are horrific and heroic and heartbreaking and God-over-all-in-control situations.

It is amazing that people have such a drive to live even before we can remember it.

The thoughts that I have about this are many. I want to help. I want to take in the hurting person, show them a different way. I want to show them the joys of the swelling baby, ripe with child and then when they labor, be a wall they can lean on and gain strength from.

Then, if they still don't want to cherish that child in their own home, I want to adopt it, and take it into my home and be its mommy.

Don't be so desperate that you think that death will end the 'inconvenience' that you have begot!
Your heart will go on.
You will always remember.

And what about when the unwanted child stays in foster care or in an unwanted home for too long and become annoying and unruly?

I will pray for them. And I will love them. I will try to be patient with them. Nothing like genuine love for the child who is unwanted.

Nothing like it.

Let's show love.

No comments:

Post a Comment