Thursday, September 11, 2014

I am Determined to be a Success Story

So this post is something I was thinking about the other week. . .

Now that Yonah is sleeping normal "ish", we are between transitions so Naisa is also behaving better, I am getting to exercise. My mind is in the coreect shape for it this time, as well.

Here's what I mean. My body image esteem has gone through the roof since Yonah was born. Honestly it was breastfeeding that did it. I'm SO THANKFUL for the fact that my body can successfully feed Yonah "from the tap". Pumping was okay, but it was so many extra steps and hurt most of the time and was stressful most of the time. Breastfeeding, and seeing my chubby chubs keep growing is such a feeling of accomplishment. It has helped me (finally) put the importance of being fit, getting to my previous previous weight, on the back burner. But not in a bad way. I am eating healthy, and exercising either a little or a lot every day. But the number on the scale no longer punches me in the face when I see it. I know what it is, and I'm at peace with it.

I am doing an exercise program called T-tapp. It's a no impact workout that uses isometric tension to work your muscles. It helps you align your spine and exercise in alignment and activate many different muscles at the same time. There are many many variations of this workout and I am doing the most basic of all the workouts, called Basic Workout Plus (which is fifteen minutes), and I am (finally) getting started learning the Total Workout (which includes the basic workout, and is fifty five minutes). One of the things I love about it is that instead of in pounds, you measure your progress by your measurements (in inches) going down. This is great because you are building muscle to replace fat and sometimes the scale doesn't change (and thus doesn't show progress) when that is happening.

Another really important thing that I've been thinking about right now is the need for a detox, which isn't going to happen anytime soon, because I'll be nursing for a long, long time. :) But I am sensing I need it, because of all the junk I consumed (like diet soda, low calorie bread, and fat free ice cream, milk, cream cheese; tofu, soy sauce, and various junk food) when I was in middle school, high school, and college. 

Anyway, I am determined to be a success story because I need to be for my own being. I need to feel good on the inside to be the best wife and mom. so I am being active (and I CAN be active because I don't have to pump!!).

The other reason I am being active is this prolapse. Nobody talked to me about this kind of thing when I was pregnant either time, but it is more common than I anticipated. (and I'm glad for that, because I have resources). But t-tapp is good for prolapse because it strengthens the pelvic floor through the various positions held through the workout. Walking is also very good for it. I'm hoping to get this Pelvic floor workout DVD soon called Hab-it, to specifically strengthen my pelvic floor, and the surrounding muscles.

No comments:

Post a Comment