Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Transitioning from the bed n breakfast to a one room extended stay hotel

This weekend Ben, Naisa, Yonah, and I are moving from our cozy bed and breakfast two-bedroom-apartment to a one room extended stay hotel room for a month. Ben's training was originally supposed to be ending at the end of October, but there were several unforeseen occurances that extended the training--the first week of training, which was more of the manager trying to do hisi thing, and Ben trying to follow the instructions of the company and not much getting done, a week of training in Lynchburg, and a week of the Yearly Sales Meeting (a conference with all the managers in the company). So here we are, almost November, and Ben has a couple weeks to go still.

When I made the reservation for this place I didn't expect it to need to be extended, so we needed to move to another place for the rest of the training. I looked and LOOKED for another place via Airbnb.com, but nothing met our needs quite like this place (two bedrooms and a whole kitchen with all the things we needed!, and affordable.) I even looked at apartments in the area that were short leases with furnished options, but they were all so much MONEY. Even extended stays in the area were too far and too expensive. And KOAs weren't ideal either. So when I found this place, called Value Place, an extended stay place in the area with lower weekly rates, it looked like this was just what we needed, even though they didn't have any two room options that were affordable.

On Saturday, Ben's parents are helping us move into our room, which as a full sized fridge, two burners and some storage space, a table and two chairs, and a bed for Ben and I. Naisa and Yonah will sleep in their pack n plays. And i get to learn to parent in an even tinier place.

I know bedtimes, nap time, and after bedtime is going to be a challenge, because that's when Ben and I get to spend time together, and when I get my time to exercise, but it's very very close to where Ben works, so the car will be available to use.

I'm looking forward to the challenges and joys of living closer together. I'm also looking forward to finding out where we are going to be and READY to know that. 

1 comment:

  1. Glad you at least found somewhere to stay! It does sound like it will be a challenge in some ways but I know you are up to it. =) and at least you know it's only temporary and your new home will be revealed to you soon!

    ReplyDelete