Thursday, October 09, 2014

Dad, then Mom visits, 7th heaven, and kust thinks

Mom has been here this week, which has been great, since Ben has been gone for a conference with his new job. Naisa is in full charge of a two year old behavior. Learning new words, and screaming when things aren't as she wants them! We went to Babies'R'Us yesterday and picked out a cute baby potty for Naisa. She picked out one and it's set up in the bathroom, and her babies (not her!) have peed and pooped on the potty. :)
We went to the park with Naisa on Monday. It's within a mile of our place, and we found it had a nice playground within a fenced area. There was another little boy Naisa's age with his dad. I'm still trying to figure out if I could handle Naisa having a fit at the park while I need to take care of Yonah. I figure that if she has a fit and won't recover, then we'll go home right away. And I'll try to figure out how to do that when Yonah needs to nurse at the same time. But I can handle it.
Tuesday we went to the library. We drove out, although it is in walking distance. There was a story time, and Naisa wanted to be held the whole time because Memaw was there. But it was fun and I think Naisa would continue to enjoy it, and they have a "pre-literacy" room with toys and puzzles. I met a girl who was an au pair for tow little boys that I might get together with. I think the library thing might work out.
Yesterday we got Naisa her potty and today we went for groceries. Mom went and got some Indian food and we had it for lunch. It was good! A nice change of pace.

I've been spending this week hanging out with mom, Naisa, Yonah (my nursing 'boss') and watching 7th heaven. HuluPlus has all eleven seasons, so I decided that I would purchase a month of Hulu plus and see how far we could get.

I like it because, unlike other TV shows, there is no marital infidelity, it doesn't scare or disturb me, I like the husband-wife relationship, it's like Gossip Girl with all the drama, but in a family setting (hahahahahahah). It's funny to me and makes the days go a little quicker until Ben comes home from work. :)

With Mom being here, I have had some of my people needs met, but I'm looking forward to gettting out of the house with both of the kids so that I can meet my extrovert sanity needs.

How was your week?

No comments:

Post a Comment