Thursday, August 21, 2014

My Crappy Morning (so far!) (concidered Oversharing and TMI)

I gave you a warning in the title, but so you know, this talks about lots of poop or different consistencies and textures, about organs not being in the right place, and about female post birth complications that sometimes occur. No whining!

Let me begin that I am dealing with a very recently prolapsed rectum (called a rectocele) and possibly a prolapsed uterus that I have told very few people about so far (sorry mom). It began on Monday (?) or Sunday, when I was constipated (again), and I realized that the only way for the poop to come out was to apply pressure to the bulge in my vagina and then bear down to remove my hard turd.

Most people get pretty upset when they discover this sort of thing (the prolapse, not the constipation... although I do get upset when I'm constipated). At first I was pretty bummed, but I am feeling positive (because it's not too severe), hopeful (because I know what to do to help it) and frustrated (why did it have to happen the week AFTER I had my pelvic exam to check for it?!). Luckly two step kegels and walking (and soft poop! More on this in a moment!) are the best remedies. and time.

OK. So on Monday this issue and constipation occurred. I feel a very intense urgency (psychologically) to get it out because NO ONE wants a compacted bowel or conventional laxatives to be needed, but this poop was slow to go. It was coming in chunks or four inches at a time and I was all like that kid after the dentist (Is this going to be FOREVER??). So I increased my probiotics (which are heavy duty anyway) and I increased my coconut oil chocolate consumption (it's always helped before! And what a great appetite/sweet craving quencher it is! try it, it's not just for pooping! 1 T. coconut oil, 2 T. cocoa powder, 1/4-1/2 t. honey)

So as we are packing and emptying our apartment (but not my bowel, boo hoohoo) I am dealing with this, but also drinking less water, which exasperates the issue at hand (I've been chuggin' the last few days). We drove to PA on Tuesday afternoon (and I slacked on my veggie and water consumption) and was still having issues (both bulgey and hard poopy, but I was getting lots of nice sounding and smelling farts) on Wednesday. At this point I'm thinking that I'll hard poop and farts the rest of my life, when this (Thursday) morning, at 7, I have a soft log poop. This is ideal! Yay! I had no need to "assist" myself. I had been drinking coffee and had another piece of coconut oil chocolate around this time, though not thinking much of it.

And then I feel another urge to purge coming along. I'm nursing Yonah, so I wait patiently, then put the baby down and go upstairs with Naisa (yes, she accompanied me to the loo) and water poop in the pot. For awhile. I'm thinking I've thoroughly emptied the plumbing, and I continue with my morning. I'm nursing the hunka chunka cuteness (Yonah) when I unconsciously start to fart... and then I remember the liquid that was previously removed from my anus and high tail it to the powder room. I have sharted a shit bit in my undies. Crap. so I sit and let loose (not much "letting" at this point), and have officially reached the raw ouchie anus point.

I'm hoping I don't have anymore trips after this.

Moral of the story: Don't overdo your natural stool softeners. They will destroy you.

No comments:

Post a Comment