Tuesday, September 11, 2012

39 weeks and crickets

It was a beautiful day outside so we decided to take our weekly shot from the outside!


 Here I am at 39 weeks and 2 days. Ben and I either expect this baby to arrive in the next few days or in a week or two. . . I'm hoping for the former. It's really hard to schedule things when I could go into labor at any time.
 This is Benjamen watering his bean plant! He loves it! It's grown from the organic dried kidney beans we got at Martin's in the bulk aisle. He's excitedly looking forward to eating the dried beans cooked in some delicious meal his wife makes. :)
 Here's a nice shot of the watering business. :) And his awesome outfit for the day. Flannel, golf pants (look like dress pants), black socks, and flipflops. :)
And this is just a drastic shot of baby belly, whom I am carrying wide! I don't look full term, but very much am!! Also see Ben looking at his plant in the right side of the picture. :)

Can't wait to meet this baby and get going with running again!!!!

In other news, we both haven't been sleeping well due to hormones (that's the pregnant lady) and rolling pregnant lady (that's Ben). We also been having issues with the resident crickets who have been trying to live here without paying rent! (they often suffer a death in the toilet or being crushed by a show). The worst part was that last night the crickets were keeping me awake (and I need those precious minutes of sleep, let me tell you!) and so I had to fumble around in the dark to find my glasses, turn on the right light, and get on my hands and knees to find this cricket that was singing in the entry-way of our apartment. I found it, but lo and behold there were more!

I was too tired to kill anymore in the middle of the night, but found them residing in the closet in the morning. Ben and I then hypothesized they were entering the house through the drain near the air conditioner, and placed a cup over it. hopefully no more night serenades from here on out!

2 comments:

  1. i know your pain (cricket wise anyway). I'm convinced they're inside, but they are assuredly outside annoying me greatly in the night! Occasionally 3 or 4 will make it inside as well. Ellie & I are getting pretty skilled in the art of capture with cup, slip cardboard underneath, and toss outside.
    Praying for you both & the baby!!! so excited :)
    ~*ABBEY*~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grace, I enjoyed reading your update. I hope you two can get some precious sleep so that you are ready for the big day!

    ReplyDelete