Thursday, May 31, 2012

Pancakes for supper!

 Ben and I decided not to go out for date night because we wanted to save money, so I brought the date night to our home! At the Little Grill, they have a breakfast night, and I wanted to have pancakes. So I decided to look up a healthy wheat pancake recipe that Ben and I could eat. It was easy to find. (http://www.food.com/recipe/hearty-honey-whole-wheat-pancakes-159535/review)
Here I am pouring the batter on the pan, which was lined with olive oil.

I halved the recipe and changed some of the ingredients to fit our pantry: more cinnamon, soy "buttermilk" (add 1T apple cider vinegar to almost a cup of soy milk), olive oil, more honey. It also required more liquid. I used 3/4 c. water to get the right consistency.


He's excited about the Bible reading.
 Here's Ben, this is what he was doing while I made pancakes. At first, he wasn't sure about pancakes, but when I promised berry capote to go with it, he got excited. This facial expression is an accurate portrayal.
The berry capote that I made. I used about a cup of blackberries that were frozen, I added about a tablespoon of honey.

These are the beautiful pancakes on their way to cooked perfection. :)
 Sometimes the pan gets too hot, especially when you are using the stove. So the quickest way to cool it down is to remove it and turn the heat down. I removed it and walked around the living room with it.
Me cooling the pancakes down so they wouldn't burn.

Finished product without toppings.

With peanut butter and berry capote! YUM!

Ben raving about the pancakes. He was super happy about the scrumptious pancakes. :)
They were a great success, very good. There are leftovers for me to eat tomorrow for breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment