Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Beginning a new phase

We graduated from EMU at the end of April! What a relief for me, and Ben, who just walked, has just one more semester. I received Cords of Distinction, magna cum laude, and was in the Honors program. More more bachelor's degree--Hallelujah! Ben's parents came down for graduation, and so did one of his groomsmen. . . Thought the wedding was a week earlier than it was!
My reaction to graduation was priceless, after all. :D About a week or so before graduation, we found an apartment that was perfect for us--furnished, a great deal financially, and was beautiful! So we have a place to live and are getting more at home in it everyday.
Here's Ben relaxing on the couch. He was reading Bible, and stopped to pose. Also, we were trying a natural remedy for pink eye: green tea bags. Ben and I finally got married the Saturday before last! It was a beautiful wedding, not without it's own uniqueness. We had it at Wildwood park, the park I lived next to as a child. We got drizzled on, I got blue paint on my dress, and there was laughter during the ceremony! Everyone looked gorgeous and we were joyous as we left our reception (and then came back, five minutes later, to open gifts).
That night, we ended up staying at our apartment because Ben hadn't packed yet. We left for our honeymoon, at Highland Retreat, the next day. We cooked over a fire, played board games, killed a nasty looking spider (who turned out to be harmless) and also countless ants, and took a nice walk around Highland before getting sick and heading home after two nights.
And we've been sick ever since. Coughing, sneezing, phlegm, and we're finally, finally getting better. And things are starting to pick up! My pregnant belly is making itself known (we are 22 weeks along ~ five months), our little Delpling someone is starting to kick more often, and I'm comfortable only in maternity clothe. I'm starting to babysit some, as my job for the summer. Ben is looking for a job, and is following a couple leads. But meanwhile, we keep house, and do things for name change (for me), and location changes (for both of us), like getting a new license for Virginia, and SSN, and we got our marriage license.

No comments:

Post a Comment