Thursday, May 12, 2011

A Storm is Brewing

Life. It goes up and down, but God still waits for me to grab onto His stability.

Ups:
Work!: I have been learning a lot! I trained in the Stuckey house yesterday, which is an 1870s house that some wealthy Anabaptists lived in with their nine children. Don't think it's a mansion: it's just a kitchen, parlor, and three very small bedrooms in the upstairs for the girls, boys, and the parents. I baked cornbread in a wood stove, and it was super rich (1 cup on sour cream anyone?)

Benjamen's visit: Ahh that was so wonderful!! We took a trip to Sauder Village and we got to hang out there for a couple of house. We did some good Bible reading, studies, and debates. We went out to ice cream with Marie and Kyle, as well as going hiking with my parents, Marie, and Rocket. We had a good bit of fun. The last day before he left, we went thrift store shopping, and I bought a shirt and Ben almost bought a green jacket. We went to Ten Thousand Villages, and Ben almost bought a fountain, we were mistaken for being married, and had coffee. The woman there wanted to hire us for the summer (doesn't everyone?). Then we went to the Black Lantern, a little restaurant in Defiance that Laura knew (she went with us) and the food was amaaaaazing!

Running: I went for a run for the first time in almost a month, and man do I feel better! I will be running a 5K with my parents and some people from my church coming up soon.

Downs:
Well Ben left, as he had to. He's traveling around the world, and then he'll be back, and be back here, but until then, I need to be patient. God brings good things to those who wait. So I will be patient! God is good!

Stability: music. Bible. The air I breathe. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment