Monday, May 02, 2011

Finishing up the year TWO at EMU

A lot of time has passed since I lasted posted thoughts, let alone events about me. Thus, enjoy my reflections of my second year, fourth semester at EMU.
This past semester, I:
Fell in love with Ben, and even more with God, and we are enjoying listening to our God together while in love, about our future and where he is leading us!
lived with Meg, Bridgie, Melody, on fourth floor of Northlawn, with the walking disciples, enjoying much tea in beautiful cups, henna, dinners of Thai, pizza, dumpstered food, crappy movies, prayer, laughter, crackled backles, and SINGING! (and so much more!)
Fully embraced social work as my major, and the friendships that have been produced. Yay Laura!
Ran with inconsistency but adequacy. I would have loved to run more, but I was so much more busy this semester.
Sort of assisted with reestablishing Eastern Mennonite Student Women's Association.
Collaged like it was it was nobody's business. The art currently hangs from my walls.
Had my first concert for my own music in Common Grounds.
Saw beautiful people leave for their cross culturals and come back, beautiful, excited, learned, broken, peaceful, invigorated, and so much more.
Wrote longer papers in shorter amounts of time than ever before, and it only gets longer.
Took a CLEP exam for the first (and hopefully, last) time.
Reported and took action for injustice on campus for the first time.
Got mono for the first time, during finals week!

And tomorrow, for the first time, I am going to work at Sauder Village, in a beautiful dress, as a train conductor, a townsperson,and a native American. I have some expectations in my head, but I know it is going to be entirely different. I'm going to work on recording a CD of my present and past music.

This past year there is so much I've learned and in so many ways developed. Life has changed, and I'm surrounded by beautiful amazing Godly women and men and supported in every way needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment