Thursday, May 06, 2010

I cannot write a title without going into a new thought.

Of course, the past few blogs have been some serious writing. It's been more and more of that lately. I'm just a processing machine, and I guess my fingers know it and just write and write and write. 

Transitions. Moving back into the house for the third time. All my freaking stuff. I guess I'm going to takea lot less to NYC so this isn't such an issue when I have to ride the Greyhound bus. Three months--I can live out of a duffel bag, right? Right.


My sister, mom, fifth cousin, and I left the District after some serious packing the night and morning before. Emily checked my out of my room, after removing some very vital things out of my drawers that I almost left behind (random earplug? check. fingernail? check. Trash of many sorts? check.)


We were off--to Dulles, and brought Katie to her "home" and then headed on our way. Mom drove for the first half, and I was doing some serious crocheting on my "body bag" as Mom now calls it. We drove until lunch time. Then we stopped for gas, and I drove, mom feeding me my lunch from the passender seat--and it was hummus and veggies. So that was interesting while driving. I stopped driving around 3:30--we stopped at a travel plaza and Anna and I got Starbucks--and they had the Vegan Frappiccinos--I was so pumped. And it doesn't cost different so that is a huge benefit for me.  

I drove part of the way and drove really well--didn't go more than five over the speed limit--I do believe I've turned a new leaf... at least for the next three years. 


I got to talk to Zach on the phone on the way home. It was a great conversation. It was clarifying and saddening because we both feel sort of constricted on the construction of our relationship because his team has really strict rules for him about keeping in contact with me. But God is keeping both of us strong. 
And during the rest of the conversation, he made me laugh like crazy. I miss him so. I cannot wait to see him. I'm going to meet him at the airport when he comes home because I found out I could, I just don't know what day it is...I have three more conversations (we are allowed to talk once a month) to figure out when it is. 


Getting home was great. I'm on the floor now, and Anna is sleeping on the bed, but that's ok she's here longer than I am, and I'm comfortable with that. 


Just like Mom and Dad are embracing that I just want to eat plant products, they are embracing Anna's central america influence, but with a grain of salt. We went to Cheif, the Giant of Western Ohio, and found Pig's feet. 
I took one look at them, and said, "There is no way that we are getting those! Marie wouldn't eat that!" There were six frozen-limp legs, in a styrofoam package next to the loins and the chops--both of which have enough separation to them that people don't think that there is going to be much of an issue with eating them. It's in a convenient shape for cooking and eating, but you remove separation when you see the pigs feet. I see the not-grown up sized piggies, not being treated right in the PETA videos. . . and then I reacted... 









No comments:

Post a Comment