Friday, May 07, 2010

Famous

I was shopping at the grocery store today with my dad, without make-up on, and I was suddenly thankful not to be famous. We were in the checkout line, and I saw the tabloids proclaiming the weight gain of some stars, and it stirred in me I don't think I would like to be in the main spotlight--ever. I'm not the type that needs the attention that they give stars. I'm an extravert, and a person with much joy in getting attention from other people, but I know that I like to have a level of trust with the people that I work with, and talk to. I know that I'm not well known enough to have to worry about a trusted friend telling a paparazzi about my private life for money. And I'm thankful for that. We watched NCIS yesterday, and it was dealing with a stalker for someone who was in a television show, and talking about the paparazzi issue. And I am so thankful that I'm an unknown musician. I enjoy praise from those that I know, and those that I have relationships with. I enjoy playing for me, and for people who need to hear the message of the song, not the  upbeat tempo or my "amazing range". I don't need to sing for others to listen. I write about what I'm processing. And that's fine for me. So if I am never famous in life, I will be satisfied. And if I never get to hear from a famous record company that I have what it takes, I'm okay with that. For me, in this life, to do what I want to do, I need to not be someone who is known, because the influence of fame isn't something that would help me accomplish my goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment