Wednesday, December 30, 2009

New Year's Thoughts

I've never been one to be normal, so New Year's Resolutions are not really my style.
But I do set goals for myself.
It's harder this year, because I have a lot less motivation than I used to. Luckily this is only temporary. But as of now, as I have changed, these are my thoughts for the new Year.
--Let God be God and let His Plans be. I have so much trouble with this because I just want to do what I want and I want to know what I'm going to be doing in the next year. But God has this wonderful plan... he's just waiting to reveal it to me when I have a fork in the road, and i need to decide which way of the path I'm going to take. I know everything is going to change when I start what I start this year. I know I'm going to be more aware of things I wasn't aware of, and it will, in essence, bring about new passions I didn't know existed. I don't know what I'm doing, and in basically, I'm about to be planted in a highly fertile field. The sun is warm and welcoming, I'm stretching my legs and my arms up to the sky. Now I'm ready for the run.
--Stop eating things that humans made to make themselves feel less guilty about what they are doing to their bodies, and such. I want to go back to the basics in every style of food. I want to learn how to make cheese, and become French! I want to stop eating processed things, and start eating local in the hopes that I can make the world more equal one bite at a time. Sabbath Economics to Barbara Kingsolver plus Meg's Personal Impact Project to My own.
I should probably make a plan of action... because I guess that's the type of person I am. I'm not really sure...but of course I would have to do research. And that is something I dread (also because of the person I am) and I don't know where to start... ok.. rabbit trail.
--I thought about making a goal to blog more often, have some sort of motivation to blog everyday (or as often as I could). This thought is from the inspiration of Julie and Julia, but with something more pliable to my own tastes. As much as I would aspire to be a French cook, I would fail miserably with the idea, and there is no way that I could be consistant about it.
Maybe I could take another science class, and blog about how sure I am that it is not the right class for me, and complain about it in every blog, while reviewing my notes.. Chemistry for the complete Apathetic Dummy. Ha. I would hate myself. OR Grace's Guide to Washington D.C.. But that would have to have some serious research. But it would be Hands On. . . I'm not sure. That last one seems the most plausible.
I could try to listen to a song I'd never heard of, using some type of search engine (ideas?) to look up a particular word or subject, and find different types of music that describe me. And also things like going to as many shows as I can in D.C. Finding connections with artists (and getting into shows for free) I don't know. I'm just storming through this brain of mine.
I'm tired. Bed Time. Maybe this will continue. Maybe not. Either way.

No comments:

Post a Comment