Thursday, December 03, 2009

Send 'Em to Africa + Chemistry

It's the censored version of the card game Mafia. That's what they call it when you play it at Camp Luz. The "town" goes to sleep for the night, and the "nurse", the "police", the "detective", and the "mafia" try to determine who is saved, who, as "mafia", are killed, who the "mafia" are, and which towns person should be sent to Africa next. Because it's better to be sent to Africa than to be killed. Or the idea of killing people for fun in the game seems pointless, add that fact that it's played, out of boredom, at a Christian camp.
It was at this camp that Zach made the decision to do YES. It was at this Camp that so many people were "Sent to Africa" via the card game. But now he's going for real. He'll be there in two hours.
And he's more than ready.
I just wanted to be the "nurse" and save him from going to Africa.
But there's nothing wrong with Africa. This I know. And going there will only make him better. This I also know. I'm not worried. I'm just saddened by the lack of him here in America.
God was the "mafia". God Sent him to Africa. He's the starting gun, or in this case, the catalyst of the reaction. He was there for the entire reaction. He made it start to happen, and then left the "chemicals" to react as they may.
I'm one of those Spectator ions. I'm part of the reaction, but not in the final precipitate.
I'm okay with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment