Thursday, November 13, 2014

Living in a Room with the curtains shut

There have been several times this week that have pushed me to angry.
Angry that I am stuck living in a tiny room most of the day without adult contact.
Angry that there are no sidewalks nearby or playgrounds closer than a mile away.
Angry that Naisa always screams as hard as she can when she's mad, even if Yonah is napping at the time (three feet away from her)
Angry I have to pull the blackout curtain closed when I am nursing- there are no mini blinds!
Angry that Naisa just wants to drink milk and doesn't want to eat very many other things.
Angry that I need to touched by my little humans all day long.

I am tired this morning because Yonah decided that he wanted to be awake and not asleep between 11:45 and 12:45 last night. I get tired of the domino effect of one child waking up the other.

It seems like a dream that we will soon have more space including separate rooms for the bedrooms and the kitchen, and maybe even (gasp) a dishwasher! I am thankful though, for the free coffee and oranges in the lobby, as this week we ran out of fruit early on and the refrigerator is getting emptier and emptier and we need to make it to Saturday.

I dropped the laptop on my big toe yesterday, and spent the day with throbbing intense pain and I am limping around. At least Naisa didn't want to go for a walk yesterday. My nail is almost completely purple, and I am going to lose it.

We we went for a walk on Tuesday, around our building and the one next to ours. They're was a block of grass in between that had lots of crunchy leaves that we walked through. That was great for us- the weather was rather warm in comparison to the polar voters that has arrived.

Naisa has been obsessed with this Backyardigens Surfs Up DVD. She wants to watch it over and over all day long. I do make her take breaks, especially when she starts pressing buttons instead of watching, and I tell her to play with her toys (always met with great protests). I have been working to teach her shapes and colors, and have started on capital letters. Repetition and fun pictures are key for this, and to go very slowly because I have her attention for one to three minutes. There are a few letters she can recognize if I ask, "what's that?" Like B and N and sometimes A and I and S (especially if they are in that order, writing "NAISA". And the others, I just keep using and describing.

I am sick of disposable diapers and pee coming out the side. Naisa just peed on the bed... A big toddler pee. Now I have to get a new sheet.


No comments:

Post a Comment