Wednesday, April 09, 2014

28 weeks pregnant, food projects (they never end!) and other stuff!

We are twenty eight weeks pregnant now, in the third trimester (but don't be fooled! The baby is still planning on coming at the end of June!) We had a midwife visit yesterday afternoon, which was good.

My glucose (fasting at 84) and iron levels (12) are great--I had blood work done the same day as the ultrasound. My weight gain has slowed down (as has my appetite! yay!) and I am thankful for this! This baby boy is still sitting breech (so silly!) but the midwife was able to pick up his heartbeat loud and clear with the fetoscope (different that a Doppler. This is a feto-stethoscope, completely manual), in three different places. Around 28 weeks is the earliest you can really use a fetoscope, so I'm glad to hear this. I'm still measuring big (at 32cm), but it's been consistent about 4cm ahead. My blood pressure was great (100/70). I was thinking this might be because of the walking I've been able to do last week and this week. The walking has also helped so much with the leg swelling. My maternity shorts from last pregnancy fit again!

I had some funny food cravings the past few days, so I obliged myself and made homemade potato salad (with homemade mayonnaise from Austrian almond oil), and also baked beans. I've been making a LOT of soups lately, for Ben, because he is supposed to not be eating any grains or legumes (though he may be able to have quinoa and soaked beans this week--we'll see). So I've had constant stock going in the crock pot. My lovely friend Mariah generously gave me a dehydrator, so that has been helpful for dehydrating soaked nuts instead of using the oven. I have yet to dehydrate liver yet (I'm planning on making dessicated liver capsules), but it's on my to do list. Today has less projects. I've been starting a sourdough starter (I had one last year... and it started me on this whole real food thing! So thankful) again, and we are a week in, so I am making bread today. I'm letting it rise all day to see how much it grows (hopefully a lot!).

I planted some green beans and zucchini/yellow squash outside last Thursday and I have some tomato transplants that have been hardening that I'll need to put outside sometime today or tomorrow because they are ready to go (and hopefully the weather will be nice and green!!).

Ben and I will be moving our garden box to the flowerbed soon to plant other things!

I am now feeling hungry again, so I need to get on that. And figure out this supper recipe with the oxtail that has been simmering since yesterday. And see if I have any other tasks. Probably a T-Tapp video.

Poor Naisa is sick (has had a cough/runny nose since Monday) and so she is taking a morning nap. I am hoping for a quick recovery... and I probably need to give her some FCLO. Yummy!! I was getting a bit of the cough too, but I took my FCLO, and this morning I have been fine.

My sleepless periods at night are starting up again. Having to get up to pee and eat don't help, but I'm doing ok. I'm resting in bed, instead of on the computer. I will try to add photos to this later.

No comments:

Post a Comment