Monday, March 31, 2014

Naisa's learnings and some things I think

I'm sitting here, "playing" with Naisa, who has pooped in her diaper and returned to normal.

And I'm waiting for her to voluntarily lay down on the changing pad... She is running back and forth in the kitchen because it makes noise when her feet fall. And walking on her knees is the new thing.

Yesterday we were looking at a book with pictures of food before breakfast, and Naisa said she wanted pizza for breakfast. "Pee-da." We had it for lunch. Except Ben, who is on a strict grain and dairy free diet.

She also said "oran" (orange).

I learn a lot from people. I see a lot about the vaccine debate on facebook because I follow natural-crunchy-based mommy blogs, but also mainstream babycenter. In every attempt I've seen to push vaccines, a fear-based approach is used. Pharmaceutical-sponsored studies are referenced--Why we need this vaccine or that vaccine.. .

But, my problem with these arguments is that all they do is say we need them or we'll die. Our bodies cannot handle these diseases so we *must* get the vaccine. Even though the vaccine is imperfect, and fails for some percentage, is reactive to the body, contains metals

The best approach is not fear based. It is understanding the disease. Understanding what happens when a child gets it--who is more susceptible to severe reactions, and how we can limit the susceptibility. So these are the things that I research. I am not going to voluntarily expose my child to a disease, never! But I am going to have to tools in my cabinet so that if my child comes down with something serious I will be able to work with it.

Sometimes I wonder if vaccines were invented for convenience. People weren't eating the healthiest of diets, so they were more susceptible to adverse reactions. Many of the diseases we vaccinate for now were normal 50-60 years ago. And people made it through them because their bodies were healthy and they were eating a healthy diet (not low fat! not processed!).

So we had milk kefir, egg yolk, avocado, cacao powder and banana smoothies for b-fast/snack.
And I still need to take my fermented cod liver oil. oh joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment