Wednesday, March 26, 2014

26 weeks and it's. . .

So we had our ultrasound, finally!!
We had a stressful drive to Charlottesville--it was snowing, blowing, and foggy. worst thing ever. Add that we were a little behind on leaving because I had to do bloodwork in the morning and Ben couldn't shower until I got home. And we didn't know exactly where everything was, so we had to follow directions.

We got there, everything was fine, of course. Just a stressful ride.

We went in for the ultrasound, and she took my blood pressure twice--one arm was really high and my left arm was normal. 118/71.

Then the ultrasound tech put the goo on my belly. It rolled right off. And she squirted some more on. It rolled right off.
"What do you have on your belly?"
I didn't have anything…I told her I put tallow on it a couple days ago. Apparently I was super moisturized. and that doesn't happen normally. That was funny, and calmed our nerves just slightly.

So then we finally saw the baby. She scanned around for a little bit, and said what we saw:

"It's definitely just one."

And I was like. Ok, that's fine. Darn. Ok. We can handle that.

Then Ben and I discussed revealing the gender. I said no, he said yes, then we decided to find out .

The technician said she could tell right away, and then scanned now my belly (the baby is sitting breech), and I could tell too.

"I think I see a penis." hahahahah

But that's what it was! A boy.
She said he was measuring a head size-wise (as accurately as they can tell from an ultrasound.) around 2lb 6oz. in the 69th percentile. So right on schedule.

The placenta was up high and looked nice and thick. I just wonder why the heck I'm measuring so far ahead!?!

Then we drove home, stopped to get groceries, pick up Naisa, and we were exhausted. I woke up with a sore throat today. Yay. I swear the only thing that makes me sick now is stress.  I haven't been sick since last year around this time. I'm tired.

Time to make dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment