Saturday, June 11, 2011

Obsession

I have my share of obsessions. I realize that these come out more when I am more bored and have less to do. Piercing obsession. I'm thinking about getting something else done! I don't know why, but this always happens. Maybe I'll get something in my ear done. Not my lip, not my eyebrow (but OH SO TEMPTING!)Ha! You can totally tell I'm obsessed. It has something to do with curiosity, a little masochism, and also getting attention.
But I have good obsessions. and these are linked to the knowledge that I have found peace within me. Reading, journaling and discussing God's word. Making it a contemplation, meditation, and realization. Also, my obsession with piano, music, writing music. (Every time I see a piano, I want to play it)
But the balance of it all is that I have people to balance me out. When I have others around me, they regulate my obsessions, so I'm not so tempted to get a piercing (unless they are egging me on), and they encourgae me to pursue what God has made a gift in me. And this is holy in itself.
I'm not so obsessed that God cannot work in me, and I recognize that i can sometimes be weakened in my faith in God when I obsess, I worry, and I over think. So here's to giving God obessions.

My only desire is to obsess and give all I can be to God, and listen to God's will!

No comments:

Post a Comment