Saturday, June 11, 2011

All things Grace (and where they came from)

I am an Engle. This means I like to say the word, "poop" and then giggle, don't care about people farting around me, give the middle finger to my parents, and have a good sense of humor. this also means that I am stubborn, have big hips, and a tiny nose. Being an Engle also means I like to be strong, independent, assertive, and have occasional pack rat tendencies. I
I am descended from an Epp (my mom's side of the family). From them, I inherited thick fingers (they are thick! though my ring finger is a size 6, my hands are tiny!), big eyes, a small chest, a bout of shyness from the age of 2 through the age of 13. I had a farm girl's appetite which was inhibited enough in middle school to lose forty five pounds on Weight Watchers. Mom got me into crafts, art, knitting, and sewing (when I was little).
From both sides of the family, I inherited frugality and musicianship. I would go grocery shopping with my dad, and learned how to find the cheapest thing (and sometimes that meant to go to two different stores). Mom taught me to look through the coupons in the paper. We didn't have cable TV until I graduated, or a cell phone until I was 18. My parents got me into shopping at thrift stores and I love he random things I can find there, as well as the great deals for things I would never buy in normal stores. My mother taught me to play the piano (in the beginning). My dad taught me to sing with my gut (not directly. But you follow the example of those you are around).
I am goal driven. I don't know where this comes from exactly, but it has something to do with my stubbornness, and my high expectation for my self of achieving. I used to make goal posters for myself, and put them on my wall. Now, I have lots less goals, don't have them all written down, but I have conceptualized and realized them.

No comments:

Post a Comment