Monday, October 19, 2009

And, I'm slightly torn apart

But how can one be slightly torn apart. You either are or you are not.
As you can imagine, my life is spiraling to some whereabouts I haven't even imagined.
There are several issues that I have started to come to terms with that I'm finding that I'm passionate about.
The environment. What can I do to make it better? Is there anyway to recycle everything that I've been using? What can I do to raise awareness to those around me to see what we can do to save the world around us?
The church. How can I help people see that we should stop spending money on renovations for church, but instead use it in tangible ways to help those with less than us. Those orphans, aliens, widows, and poor people. How can I be content with the large church environment? With more people comes more finances to help other people, yet we are using it for the building. How can I not feel like a hypocrite for attending this church?
In my own life. What can I do to be able to stand having months of distance between me and my family, between Zach and I? How can I stand not going back to the place I once called home... where true friends do live, I just ignore that part when I reminisce?
School. How can I study when I want to serve people? To give my friends a break and find a way to make them smile, even though I find my own studies mounting up higher and higher? How can I start to show responsibilty to the obligations and money that I have put into this place which I am residing? Why am I second guessing coming to college with the desire to GO! and DO! and be a part of the difference?
What can I do to find peace in it all? What can I do to make myself feel like I am not a failure in the things I strive to do for others? How can I feel like I'm doing and know that I belong here for now, when I feel like I'm being called to be everywhere else?
Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment