Tuesday, June 03, 2014

36 1/2 weeks and five to go!

I figured out the hard way during last pregnancy that you go longer than you are patient with. So I have longer expectations this time. Mentally, I am preparing for 41.5 weeks. But of course hoping for earlier than that. 

I know that labor isn't soon; I know my body well. I also know that labor is on its way. My blood pressure is creeping a little, my body is exhausted by the end of the day, and occasionally I get nerves shooting feeling in my thighs. But the Braxton hicks contractions are slow and normal. They show up when I'm working hard to get things done. And when I'm walking, or pushing Naisa around. My womb measured the same as last time. I thought that was interesting. But it makes sense, since its just one baby. I've been waiting for this since we found just one at the ultrasound. 

I don't like mirrors. I like the mirror in our bathroom, but not any other.. They make me feel very round. I cannot bece less round at this point, so I'm thankful I only see myself in our bathroom mirror. I almost didn't fit in a normal persons lawn chair today. That was a surprise, but since I can't deflate my hips right now, I take a deep breath and look forward to the exercise that I do get to do and the fun exercise I will get to do after the baby is born. 

Our farmer gave us a gallon of cream last Monday, and Ben and I have been dreaming about ice cream since. We made some last night, with honey, a vanilla bean, and some egg yolks. Excellent! Especially with the homemade magic shell I put on mine. And it's not too sweet! We reduced the amount of sweetener used (to about half) and it is very satisfying.

Marie has been around everyday since she been here. She came to church with us Sunday evening, ran errands with me yesterday, and came by today to do an interview at a restaurant and also came to our midwife appointment. And then we enjoyed some delicious Ethiopian food at grandma and Grandpa's house. And we sat outside after dinner becaus Naisa wanted to be "out". And she ran all over the yard chasing after na-na until she got tired. We came home and have been relaxing ever since. 

Things I am looking forward to about not being pregnant:
1 Being able to put on shorts/pants without bowling to the floor (talk about a major balance issue being so top heavy!)
2 not having to pee every half hour when I am fully hydrated.
3 being able to lie on my back and still be able to breathe
4 Bending my legs and ankles without feeling the water retention
5 Energy!!! To do things and carry Naisa and not be intimidated by exercise!
6 stop being bored of food.... Not sure if this will happen or not.
7 not being twice as hot as every one else, and needing a fan on me as much as possible

Things you can pray for:
A smooth and safe arrival for baby
Smooth breast feeding. I am reminded of how hard it was when Naisa was born when a mom called our midwife during our appointment because she was having issues. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment