Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Patience

If someone had told me last December that I would weigh over 200 pounds in July I would have rolled my eyes and said something along the lines of "Yeah, right."

But here I am, 32 weeks pregnant, tipping 200 on the scale!

And so while I used the elliptical machine at the gym and felt my legs rub together I have to sigh and remind myself that this is just part of the season, part of this time. My body will realign itself after Delpling is here, and I need to be patient for the arrival of this child.

It needs me to gain this weight so that it can be healthy long term. I know this. And I am doing good things for my body in the mean time. Like exercising. Not running as long as I'd like to, as often as I'd like to, but I'm exercising. Getting my heart rate up and stretching out my body, prepping for this baby's arrival.

Pregnancy, as of now, has been one of God's ways of reminding me to slow down and savor. Though I want to weigh less so I can run four miles, I need to remember to savor and enjoy this baby wiggling in my womb, reminding me of God's crazy glory and creativity in making it!

Everything is beautiful in its time. 




No comments:

Post a Comment