Wednesday, November 30, 2011

New Song: Steadfast

I've been mulling over this thought for awhile. I've been thinking about the next CD I'm going to record, and I really wanted to put all of my new stuff from this semester on this CD. I was reading in Psalms and I read "My heart is steadfast O my God. I will sing praises to you with all my soul". And I was thinking about my relationship with God and how important sticking with God is to me. And I decided I wanted to call this CD "Steadfast." I hadn't written a song with that title at that point, but I wanted it to show how I want to live my life: for God. This song is a mixture of Psalm 23 and the Psalm I read with "steadfast" in it.

My heart is steadfast
To you, my God.
You bring me through this
Toward you, Shepherd

You keep your promises to me
And blessed am I through
Every struggling thing
You lead me to a resting place
My soul is restored
You are along the way
All along the way

When the world tries to show me a different gate
You taught me to turn and run back to you
When the world tries to make me want
You are my God.

No comments:

Post a Comment