Monday, October 17, 2011

Song: You are the Breath I Breathe

I wrote this song with a desire in my heart to put God into every aspect of my life. I have been working to write many songs about being led, listening to God, and following God to do His will. I struggled after I wrote this song, trying to figure out if I wrote it for me or if I wrote it for God, because I felt like my motivations weren't right as I was writing it. So I put it down for a couple days, because there is nothing worse that not being genuine with the music that I am feeling from my soul. But I felt okay about what I had written, came back to the song with a humble heart, and saw a little more of what God was teaching me in these words that God inspired me to write.

Let the serenity I seek
Cleanse my inner being
Let motivation form
To keep these steps I'm walking
Let this balance beam of life
Give me support to cope
Keep my self-strength looking toward you
You are my everlasting

Teach me to hold your hand
Guide my thoughts to become yours
Teach me to love your words
You've followed through with me
There are no other means to exist in this world
You are the breath I breathe

When my lens is indecisive
I can't see beyond the hill ahead
You walk beyond
I can see your footsteps
Let me be a holy sacrifice
Come away with nothing
You are my daily bread
You are everything I need

No comments:

Post a Comment