Thursday, March 26, 2009

How do I choose?

So I've basically been debating what I should major in all day. At EMU, my designated major, as I have told them, is Biology, with a goal of medical school, and eventually becoming a surgeon. But there's so much, so many other things that I can do, and would enjoy doing. I want to explore them, with a chance to change my mind, and know what I want to do. But some things I guess I'll never know until the day comes. I love music. I love writing songs, and coming up with weird chord patterns, or finding awesome melodies to go with the classic ones. I love to write.. In my journal at least, and although I don't think that I could stand having a career in Writing because of how much I dread writing papers for school, I still think that I could enjoy it, even if just for a memoir somewhere down the road. I love to knit, though that in itself is not enough to occupy my mind. I'm always knitting when I am also doing something else-driving somewhere, or talking on the phone. I love taking pictures. Not a lot, but sometimes, and it always helps to have an amazing sunrise in the morning. I like to study the Bible. It fascinates me and I just want to understand all of it all the way. I have no idea what kind of career would become of that. Sometimes when I daydream about having a CD and I think of themed types. One idea was to have an entire CD of songs that were inspired by the feelings of Biblical women. I kind of started on that one, but I didn't get far. I wrote three songs. I love music. Maybe that should be my career. But for a very long time, I've wanted to have the advantage of being finacially stable, and because of my interest in biology, and according to everyone, my smarts, I've always considered medicine to be my career path. But then again, maybe I should just be a surgeon until all my loans are paid off and then do what I love to do. But what's that?

No comments:

Post a Comment