Saturday, March 28, 2009

All Things Grace

Yesterday we, Muffin and I, saw the opera. I'm not even joking. Hardcore, four hours long, The Marriage of Figaro, by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart! It was amazing. I also got to take a peek into high society of Cleveland, Ohio. There's a majority of old people dressed up. There was a lot of alcohol consumed. There was an intense line for the bathroom during intermission.



I got a Muse "Blackholes and Revelations" CD yesterday, also. I love it. It was the last copy at Target, so it was a great feeling to know that it was there. I'm loving it. In addition to the opera. It's really not that different. Just a little more electronic.



I watched the movie, The Sentinel today. I love watching Kieffer Sutterland, even though I'm not very enduring for the 24 season... It was good.



I washed walls in the basement, and spacklinged the holes in the walls. Spackling is the anitholy water. It makes things unholey. I was kept entertained that entire time with an excitement filled conversation with the bf, Xac. He's headed to Honduras, for a couple weeks, I'm excited for him. I wish I could go out of the country. I'd like to feel culture shock. It's been so long since I have, because of living in the same place for so long, with the same mediocre people with their lukewarm attitudes.



I just want to be a musician star. And step out of this stupid world that I'm forced to be surrounded by. Thank goodness my family is moving away from this stinking town.

There are some good people, but I always feel the same vibe--that everyone here criticizes the place that we live, and they want to live somewhere else, but this is where they are, but they don't love it. I love rural areas, in comparison to this place.



We have two extra dogs in our house at the moment, and they are driving all of our family crazy. They make Rocket go off a rocket and being a crazy thing. And they all bark up a storm, and whine like crazy things, and the cats get freaked out.



Muffin is doing her voice practice right now, and it is also crazy annoying, but I can't do anything about it, because i love her voice the way it is. And i want her to get way better, so that she can become an amazing opera singer, like the girls at "The Marriage of Figaro."



I haven't talked to Anise in awhile. I wonder how she's holding up. She's only got like three weeks of college left before she comes home and get to be with me all the time. Yay! Then she's going to work at SWAP during the summer, in West Virginia.



Mom and Dad and me and Muffin have been working on getting the house ready to be put on the market. Mom and Dad were washing the outside of the house yesterday, this morning, and this afternoon. We have to repaint the outside, and add some nice touches, like a new shutter color. We're also going to have a painting party next Saturday to paint some parts of the house. Maybe not the outside (it's too soon to tell if that will be ready) But there are several rooms in the house that have been spackinged by me, and thus we have to paint the rooms now.



My collage wall disinigrated awhile ago, and I had a collage corner and my French doors were collaged for awhile, but now that the house is going to be going on the market, we have to take down all the pictures of family members/people on the walls, so my room is going to look really lame. It's all part of me that I have to take down.



I have been working on a new song recently. It's called "Introductions." I figure if and when I finally record an entire CD, that this song could be the first one.

Here's a clip of some of the lyrics:

My name is Grace

I'm nowhere close to becoming famous

I have a face, and a heart too

And feelings hurt almost everyday

Can't you see I'm a person too?

But I don't want to become insensitive.

Will you let me sing for you?

Because

My words,

My emotions

Break holes in the windows of hearts

Of people

Poor people

Who hide from reality

Please let them see me.



So Mom was in the mood for some "cheap" reading, meaning magazines (haha). So she read and is reading my Seventeen magazine. But later, she came into my room with a very serious face.

She came to aske me to unload the dishwasher.
I asked her why she looked like someone died.
And then she said that later we could talk about sex.
I told her I don't like to talk about sex.
And we've had that conversation before anyway.
I feel I've been adequately versed in the matter.
And I also feel very firm in my beliefs in what I won't do.
And very luckily for me I'm dating a guy that isn't going to ignore the subject of boundaries. Hooray for non jerk boys. (FINALLY)

The dogs are in the basement, the sister is almost done with the voice stuff, the mom is still reading the Seventeen magazine. I'm still escaping into the world of music. and diet generic cola pop. Daddy is doing laundry.

Peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment